This contest is an individual one and will be kind of like an online scavenger hunt of sorts. During the next 5 days, we will be asking 4 questions each day. As the days progress, the difficulty of the questions will increase. One of the goals of the contest is to dive you deeper into the martial art styles that the 4 main decks focus on; we want you to really know something about the decks you are playing and maybe even more 😉
At the end of the contest, we will count up who has the most correct answers and will pick the top 3 winners. If in the event there is a tie, we will go into a Tie Breaker Round!(Which might not even be answering questions).
You can answer these questions as you get them or just wait until the end to send us one long set of answers. Either way is ok. The most IMPORTANT thing is that you send this to us as either a private FB message or as a private message on Kickstarter. Otherwise everyone will know your answers!
CONDITIONS FOR PLAYING
1. You must first “Like” our FB Page (martialartstcg)
2. You must post our kickstarter link on your facebook page: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1396565454/a-card-game-to-beat-your-friends-senseless
3. You must be a backer (any reward tier is ok!)
(Note: If you do not use Facebook or have access to it but want to join this contest, send me a message and we will find an alternate solution)
First Place: You will work with us to design an Arena Playmat, and we will create a playble Event Card that is based off of your Arena. This playmat and event card will be exclusive to only you!
Second Place: You will get all 4 promo cards, signed by the artist, Solomon Au Yeung.
Third Place: You will receive a beautiful 80-Page Full Color Paperback of the artwork from the the 4 Decks.
DAY#1: ARE YOU READY? FIGHT!
1. When Boxing Legend Muhammad Ali fought George Foreman, what fighting strategy was he famous for?
2. Muay Thai fighters have extremely hard shins. What do they do in their training to make them so hard?
3. Derived from Karate, the weapons of the Nuchucku, Sais, and Bo Staff originally were what?
4. Wing Chun’s trapping techniques were rumored to have been created when a monk noticed a crane fighting a snake. It was also rumored that this martial art style was created for what kind of person? (Hint: It’s in the name of the style).
DAY#2: Ready Position
1. What “Illegal Move” (in boxing) is Mike Tyson known for and who did he use it on?
2. Why is Muay Thai considered the art of 8 limbs?
3. Which one of the following Aikido moves is not used against a punching strike? Tsuki kaitenage / Yokomenuchi Kokyunage / Nikyo
4. What does “Be Like Water” mean?
DAY#3: Sizing Up Your Opponent
Today’s questions will add a little bit of you own perception of the answers by challenging your understanding of the specific martial art style. A little tougher, but wait until you see tomorrow’s set! 🙂
1. What would you think the order of power would be for these moves, from lightest to hardest? Hook, Jab, Uppercut, Haymaker, Straight, Bolo, Cross? (Imagine it’s the same person executing this move).
2. The Shin Block is one of the key defenses for Muay Thai. What makes this unique, or even scary to practictioners of Tae Kwon Do and Kickboxing?
3. So what REALLY is this “Karate Chop” we’ve been seeing in movies?
4. What is a “Mook Jong”? And how does this apply to Wing Chun specifically?
The Quest: Day 4 of our Contest!
1. In Boxing, if you are being bombarded by a flurry of punches, what are your top 3 easiest ways to prevent getting hit with full damage?
2. There is one move in Muay Thai that is also used in Boxing. But, the reason for it is completely different. Why is that? (We’re not just going to the technical application, but your guess on “why”)
3. In Aikido, what is their principle against defense as well as their entire concept of movement in their attacks?
4. Why does Jeet Kune Do make a great pairing with Wing Chun (besides being related to Bruce Lee)?
The Quest: Day 5 of our Contest!
1. If you were a Boxer going up against someone who knows Aikido and Karate, what would your strategy be? Tell us what your weakness would be specifically in this fight, strengths, and how you would defeat your opponent.
2. If you were a Muay Thai Fighter going up against someone who knows Jeet Kune Do and Wing Chun, what would your strategy be? Tell us what your weakness would be specifically in this fight, strengths, and how you would defeat your opponent.
3. If you were a Boxer going up against someone who knows Muay Thai, what would your strategy be? Tell us what our weakness would be specifically in this fight, our strengths, and how we could defeat our opponent.
4. If you were a Muay Thai Fighter going up against someone who knows Aikido and Karate, what would your strategy be? Tell us what our weakness would be specifically in this fight, our strengths, and how we could defeat our opponent.